Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Investigation

Somewhere between all the tests and procedures, I talked to the Vice President/Chief Administrative Office of the hospital regarding the Mediport/Bone Marrow Biopsy fiasco. She assured me that they were looking into it and assured me that even tho my experience was a bad one, it would be helping future patients not to have to go thru the same thing. She told me that the head of Radiology was coming to their hospital to do an investigation as well.

When I met with Dr. Howard on the 20th, she did tell me that she had a phone conference later that day with everyone that was involved in my care that day to get to the bottom of why they couldn't do both that day.

On the 27th (my first day of chemo) Dr. Howard told me that she got an apology from the Interventional Radiologist and that he should be calling me, which he did.

I was very happy that he apologized to me and it felt good to know that the hospital took me seriously. It also felt good to know that I would be helping future patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment