Thursday, June 11, 2009

Introduction

My name is Sarah Jankowski. I've been married to my best friend and great guy Bryan for almost 8 years; together almost 12. We have three beautiful daughters: Skye age 5, and twins River and Raine age 4.

I work as a Health Unit Coordinator in the Neuro ICU at St. Luke's Hospital. It's a busy, stressful job but I love the people and the hours work for me right now. I work part-time, two nights a week from 3-11:30 and every other weekend on the day shift from 7-3:30.

I was diagnosed with Lymphoma on February 10, 2009.

I have created this blog because after being a cancer patient for months and not having much time to really deal with those emotions I am finally ready to tell my story. I have made posts on facebook and myspace that were very technical - dates of things, and what is going on but I haven't put any emotion into most of my posts and I want to start dealing with this as I face my last four treatments. The best way I know how to do this is to revisit the last couple of years, relive the experiences in my mind, and write about them. I hope in doing this I will be able to deal with the feelings I haven't been able to deal with and to find some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment