Saturday, June 20, 2009

Feeling Kinda Yucky

Last night I had a very hard time falling asleep due to some nausea and queasiness paired with restlessness from the steroids in my chemo. I took a Lorazepam in hopes to solve all of this and that little shit took forever to kick in!

Today I'm pretty queasy too. I rarely feel this way - especially this soon after chemo. I'm hoping it's hitting me early, so that by Tuesday I'll be in tip top shape to go see Smackdown & ECW.

My newer symptoms include cramps - cramps in my feet and calves mostly but also just an overall soreness in both of my legs. My nails have also grown very thin - so thin they rip if I bump them on anything. My two thumb nails and two big toe nails hurt to the touch and I have trouble with buttons and other things that require my thumbs. They've also developed a discoloration which we don't know if it's a fungus or the nails coming off of the nail bed. Dr. Howard said there isn't much we can do until after chemo is over. Just another thing to add to my every growing list of things to take care of when chemo is over.

I had already planned on joining a gym or something after chemo anyway, but my PET scan showed a fatty infiltration in the liver so I have to lose weight. She told me I can wait until after chemo as well. So this cancer is not just going to be over, I will have to deal with the ripples for a long time to come.

On a lighter note, I found this pin online at ChooseHope.com and it made my day...



No comments:

Post a Comment