Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chemo Head

I've read a little bit about people having "chemo head" and I've even seen some products - t-shirts, mugs, etc. that say things about it but I am starting to experience what it is...

I feel like a senile old lady. I'll find myself in the kitchen and wonder why I'm there. Not to be confused with going into the kitchen to get something and forgetting what you were looking for - this is actually as if I'm waking up in the kitchen and wondering what the hell I'm doing in there.

I'm beyond forgetful. I thought my memory was bad before, but this is different too. Yesterday I studied my husband's amazon.com wishlist for quite some time and when I went to Target to look for the things on his wishlist, I stood there with a completely blank mind. I literally was searching my mind for anything and I couldn't come up with one thing. I wasn't even able to envision the list on the screen in my mind - as if I never saw it to begin with. It was terrifying.

I walked around the store with my sister completely unable to focus on anything or even keep my attention on any one thing. She would talk to me and my mind would be gone - I had no idea what she said to me, nor did I know what I was thinking about that distracted me. I joked with her about it, trying to play it off but it was really scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment