Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back In Black

At my first oncology appointment, Dr. Howard talked to me about banking my eggs if I wanted to have any more children. She told me that it was possible that my body would go into menopause and that usually women 35 and up won't come out of it. I am 33, which puts me right on the border and my body could go either way.

I do want one more child, but my husband does not. Still, the thought of being told I can't have any more children was not something I wanted to hear - I didn't want the option taken away from me this way. I decided to leave it in God's hands. I know from getting pregnant with fraternal twins while on the pill that if it's in God's plan for me, nothing will stop it. I told my doctor that if God wants me to have more children, I will.

After a few treatments, my body went into menopause and my last period was March 31st. Well, because of the break in my chemotherapy due to my mystery infection, it has returned - full speed ahead.

Well despite that it had to come the same day as chemo (I wondered why I was 5lbs heavier than Friday), and despite all of the cramping and moodiness that goes along with it; I am very happy for it's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment