Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today was my second to last treatment. My counts are low and so I have to start Neupogen shots again tomorrow and do them for four days. I know that this is excessive - my body responds pretty well to this drug and usually two days gets my counts right back up there but I guess at this point nobody wants to take any chances, including me.

I have my little bag with my portable pump again. So far it's not as annoying as last time. I think maybe because it represents only one more treatment, or maybe because I just got it back. I'm sure in a day or two I'll be hella annoyed with the thing.

I'm actually really tired...like exhausted and I'm sweating as usual. The first day of chemo always results in my being really hot and sweaty. It's quite uncomfortable and I find myself sucking down popsicles like they're the only food on earth and I'm starving.

I made an appointment with Dr. Ziaja about the radiation, but I have it in my head that I'm going to refuse no matter what she says. In my mind I'm done with this.

In other news, I signed up for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Light The Night Walk. My friend Mikey, who also has Hodgkin's started up a team so Bryan and I joined. My mom wanted to walk too, so she joined, and then a few of her work friends, and then my sister and her husband, and then my dad started feeling left out and he joined, and then a few friends joined. I'm addicted to the team page - watching all the people join, both from my friends and family and from Mikey's. I've met my fundraising goal twice already, and raised it again to $300 (I'm at $248). Our team has also met it's goal twice, raising totals of $500, and now $1000. When I first got the email from Mikey I felt thankful that he asked me, and I felt happy to be a part of something that is trying to do something about our disease. But now, I'm so very excited at what we're doing and it feels really good to be a part of it. I haven't been this excited about anything in a long time and it made me realize that as done as I am with cancer right now, I'm not done with cancer at all. My physical fight is almost over, but there's a lot more fighting that I can do in other ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment