Friday, July 31, 2009

Sniffle Sniffle

This is what my mom wrote about me on her Light the Night donation page:

"My daughter Sarah was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in February of this year when one phone call changed her life. Sarah has been fighting a great fight for the last 7 months and is nearing the end of her treatments with what looks to be a success story. She has sometimes had to take a step backwards to move forward in her treatment which was frightening.
She is not alone in this struggle. Her family, friends and co-workers have been most generous with their time, talents and generosity to her and her family. But I know it still wears heavy on her heart. She has a great husband and 3 wonderful little girls (all under 5) that unknowingly wear her out. Sarah is very brave and selfless most of the time and managed to maintained her great sense of humor 90% of the time. I am very proud her and of the way she is handling this challenge. Sometimes I feel like she is our strength - even though we all try to be hers."

No comments:

Post a Comment