Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Lighter Side of Me?

My last few posts came from a pretty dark place inside that I don't usually touch base with unless it's necessary. It must've been necessary. It's easy for me to write about these feelings because once I get started, it just feels good to let them out. It's harder for me to write about my upbeat, lighter side for a few reasons...

1. Does anyone really like to hear about the happy gushy stuff someone has to say? We watch Lifetime movies so cry and let that darkness out.

2. Few people share my sense of humor and sarcasm and probably would just take anything I say when I'm in a good mood wrong when reading it, or worse yet they wouldn't understand what I'm saying at all.

3. When I'm the happiest, I can't talk about it because the reason I feel this way isn't the reason I should be feeling this way. To clarify, there are things that set my heart a'blaze that probably shouldn't but do. I can't help that they do any more than you can help that you like horror movies or reality TV. The fact just is that they do and so I don't talk about those things.

These are the three main reasons that I don't blog when I'm feeling sunshiney and carefree. I'm not all emo and goth all the time. In fact, I'm quite a bit of fun. But on occasion, my thoughts go over to the dark side in me and I need to let them out in some form. Writing is my form. Don't deny your dark sides, they have a way of seeping out if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment