Friday, January 15, 2010

Epic Fail

Today was the K4 open house; the last day of the "Dinosaur Days" in the classroom. We got a note home on Monday about it. The twins came home yesterday with stickers advertising the event. I wrote it in my planner. It was very important to them and I told them we'd stop in after we picked up Skye from school today.

We went to pick up Skye, and she ended up going to her friend's house after school. Bryan picked her up at 5:00 and when they came home, she told me she wanted to go to the open house...

As if I hadn't known about it in the first place, I completely forgot about it.

I scrambled thru their dirty laundry basket, loathing myself for being so defective and found the sticker. So very lucky for me, it went until 6pm but that didn't make me feel any better.

We all walked up to the school together, me in tears the whole time at the knowledge that something so important to them could just slip into the black hole in my mind. I've always thought that being a mom was something I was really good at, but not today. Of course I was glad that no one noticed I'd been completely blank about it, not so much that no one noticed my tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment